This was my first time making these rolls. These are a medley of spices I love. Cheesy,chicken-ey deliciousness packed in little envelopes. These guys were so utterly lovely and amazing that I had to share them with you! Lastly I’ll just thankGod that they turned out so well, and take a huge chunky bite dipped in ketchup to tantalize my taste buds!…I’m lovin’ it ❤
What you Need(For Dough)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- Dissolve sugar and yeast in 4 tbsp warm water
- Mix rest of the ingredients
- Knead to make a soft dough(With warm water)
- Cover it with cloth. And leave it to rise for 1 hour.
- After an hour. Roll out the dough into an 1/8 inch thick circle with a rolling pin.
- Divide this into eight triangles.
What you need(for Filling)
- 1 small onion diced
- 3/4 cup shredded chicken
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp oregano powder
- 1 capsicum diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 4 green chilies sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 egg beaten
- Melt butter, add onions,cook till transparent.Add capsicum,salt,black pepper and origano.
- Add flour. Stir and cook for a minute
- Add milk and cook till it thickens.
- Add green chili,spring onion,carrot and shredded chicken.
- Leave this filling to cool.
Putting it all together
- Put little amount of filling on the broader side of each triangle. Stretch each triangle a little.
- Sprinkle generous quantities of cheddar on each.
- fold and brush with egg.Folding these is somewhat like folding croissants.
- Set them to bake on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Bake for around 20 min or until golden.
- Caerphilly Cheese Scones (thefoodwastediaries.wordpress.com)
- Sourdough – my base recipe (danishstorm.com)
- Apple Pie Cups (food4myhead.wordpress.com)
- Best home made cantuccini (memorieofbites.wordpress.com)
- Freshly baked ciabatta bread (foodgecko.com)
- BBQ Chicken Pizza With Wheat Crust (thepinterestedparent.wordpress.com)
- Easy Cheesy Spelt Scones (qworterlifecrisis.com)
- Eggless Fresh Mint Spicy Cheesy Pull-Apart Loaf (lemoninginger.com)
- Easy crusty white loaf (runninggirlblog.com)
- Cheesy Feet (spadeforkspoon.wordpress.com)