Today it was ice cream cake. To be specific, a chocolate ice cream cake. Ummm…ignore that I mentioned chocolate. It doesn’t matter if the cake was chocolate(And also ignore the fact that most desserts I make have some sort of chocolate in them). In fact I should just strike out the past few lines. Anyway bloggy friends I made(and ate) this cake today! And obviously chocolate cake plus chocolate ice cream, topped with chocolate ganache, and decorated with white chocolate…..it was aww–weee-sommee! Sighs. I just love chocolate. Love however(due to excessive use) has become a very cliched word. So I checked out the synonyms for love. A few I found out were fondness/tenderness/ warmth/ intimacy/attachment/endearment. I feel all this for chocolate and more!!
What you Need
- A chocolate Cake( Divided into three thick slices) For the recipe i used, click here
- A Box of chocolate ice cream( Softened with kitchen aid mixer or otherwise)
- Dark chocolate 1/2 cup melted
- 1/4 cup white chocolate + 1/4 cup heavy cream mixed into thick frosting using kitchen aid(For decorating)-Optional
How to go about it
- Take an ice cream mold ( I took a cuboid mold)
- Put the first layer of cake. Top it with a thick layer chocolate of ice cream.
- Put the second slice of cake over this and again top with ice cream. Top this with the third layer of cake.
- Put the mold in freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Take out the ice cream cake(It slides out quite easily) and top it with melted dark chocolate.
- Lastly decorate it as you like with white chocolate/cream frosting.
- Freeze For another half an hour, then serve.
We are all beginners, and even though this is an easy recipe people may have questions. Any and all questions are welcome. Particularly if you’re my sister who is not really interested in cooking but will make the ice cream cake any time(Or so she says) 🙂
Hugs and Love,
(And yeah we’re eating this in winters :O) Not very sensible, eh?)
Some Other Chocolate Recipes Here: