Hello lovelies and lovelaas( lovelaas for males). Since English is not my mother tongue, I would be given a little leverage when I run off the track, or wouldn’t I? Anyway, this cookie recipe I’m sharing is an extremely tried and tested one at our place. So tried and tested that it has become completely run off the mill. But that doesn’t do away with the fact that these cookies are always high in demand at our house. I usually make them plain(Without cocoa powder, chocolate chips) but this time my chocolate love elbowed its way even into my cookie baking prowess.
Ingredients:( For approx 2 dozen + small ones,depending on size)
- 3/4 cup butter(softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup all- purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest (optional-if you like the lemoney scent )
- I divided my dough into 3 parts. In the first part I kneaded in cocoa powder(1/4 cup). In the second part I added chocolate chips. The third part was left plain(I decorated these ones with roasted almonds after cutting out shapes).
How to go about it :
- Add sugar,butter and whisk these together in a bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla and whisk well.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, lemon zest and salt
- Mix all the above ingredients in one bowl. Knead well.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or more.
- Take the dough and use a rolling pin to roll out the dough
- use the cookie cutters, to cut out shapes as desired.(Personally I love hearts)
- Set to bake
- Bake until the cookies get firm. Don’t over bake.
The last picture is of eclairs and chocolate truffles that a cousin bought on his way back from London…….! I just totally love chocolates. Excuse me while I devour this loveliness .
You’re not hungry by any chance, are you ? 😀 😛