Mom had her morning cup of tea in her hand today. She looked a little wistfully at her cup and said,” I should have picked up a cake from the bakery yesterday “. “Why mom? You just have to ask me and I’ll bake one”, I replied in my best chirpy, good Samaritan voice. “No chocolate?” She asks. “No chocolate”, I promise. Mom doesn’t have the time to bake herself, so all the baking in my house is done by me. Since my sisters don’t move their lazy butts to the kitchen. Anyway, I did bake a cake. And it had just two tablespoons of cocoa powder. That’s not really chocolate, just a food color sort of addition. And the chocolate ganache drizzled over the cake was on the cake and not in it. So that again, wouldn’t make it a chocolate cake. “This is brown, Ayesha”, mom sighs. “Mom, it’s not chocolate…errr….just barely chocolate”.
What You need(Cake)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
How to go about (Cake):
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.Flour and grease the baking pan.
- Add the dry ingredients in one bowl. Sift these.Set aside.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, butter and vanilla essence in another bowl. Whisk them.
- Whisk all the ingredients in a single bowl.
- Pour in the mixture and set to bake.
Ganache For Drizzling
- Add 3 oz dark chocolate in a microwavable bowl. Let this melt in a microwave. Remove this bowl from the microwave and immediately add 2 tbsp butter. Mix this mixture with a spoon. Drizzle over the cake.