Salad Sunday #2
- 1 cup dried black chickpeas
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 potato in cubes( boiled)
- 1 large Tomato, finely chopped
- 1 or 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp Chaat masala
- 1 tsp black cumin powder
- 1/2 cup Tamarind paste
- 2 or 3 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
How To Go About It
- Soak the dry chickpeas overnight or for 8-9 hours.
- Once they are soaked, drain the water.
- In a pressure cooker add the soaked chickpeas with enough water.
- Pressure cook for 6-7 minutes or until the chickpeas are tender.
- Once the pressure cooker cools down, drain the cooked chickpeas
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients including the chickpeas.
- Mix well.
- Taste and if required add more of the spices or salt.
Before serving just garnish with some coriander leaves and lemon wedges.