- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or substitute by putting 1/2 tbsp white vinegar in a cup then filling it half up with milk; let stand 5 minutes until thickened)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup hot coffee
Fluffy Chocolate Frosting:
(Mix the following ingredients in the stand mixer and let a thick frosting form)
- 4 oz unsalted butter
- 4 oz unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 oz powdered sugar
- 2 oz whipping cream
- 4 oz sweetened dark chocolate(melted)
How To Go About It
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Flour and grease your baking tin.
- In the stand mixer add all the ingredients(except coffee) and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Stir in the hot coffee with a spatula.
- Pour the batter in the tin and set to bake.
- Bake until the knife comes out clean with just a few crumbs.
- Let the cake cool in a fridge for half an hour.
- Smother the cake in fluffy chocolate frosting.