A packet colorful chocolate beans
200 g sweetened dark chocolate(tempered and cooled to room temperature)
200 g white chocolate(tempered and cooled to room temperature)
A piping bag
1 butter paper
- In a bowl take the tempered dark chocolate, and put the tempered while chocolate into a piping bag.
- Blow up your balloon(The size of the balloon will determine the size of bowl)
- Spray balloon with vegetable oil.
- Use a spoon to cover 3/4 of the balloon in a thick layer of dark chocolate.
- Put the butter paper on a tray.Set the balloon on the butter paper. Put in the fridge to cool until the chocolate is set.Scrape off excess chocolate with a blunt knife, taking care not to burst the balloon.
- Using a scissor make a very tiny hole in the balloon so the gas comes out slowly. DO NOT POP the balloon, the pressure may break the bowl.
- Using white chocolate, decorate your pot, as you wish.
- Apply colored chocolate beans, making them stick with a dab of white chocolate.
Choux Pastry:( for 12 eclairs)
1/2 cup (65 grams) all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon granulated white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons (55 grams) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/2 cup (120 ml) water
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup heavy cream
5 tbsp powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 oz dark chocolate(or milk chocolate)
4 tbsp butter
2 tbsp confectioners sugar
Instructions Choux Pastry
- Place the butter and water in a saucepan over medium high heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat & with a wooden spoon, add the flour mixture, all at once, and stir until combined.
- Return saucepan to the heat and stir constantly until the dough comes away from the sides of the pan and forms a thick smooth ball
- Once the dough is lukewarm start adding the lightly beaten eggs (dough will separate and then come together) and continue to mix until you have a smooth thick paste
- Fill your piping bag with the paste. Cut off the tip of your bag. You don’t need a nozzle here.
- Place butter paper on your oven tray and pipe the eclairs 31/2 inch long and approx 2 inch far from each other
- In a preheated oven. 400 F/ 200C place the oven rack.
- Bake for 15 minutes. (When the top begins to get golden-brown)
- Cool for a few minutes.
- Make two holes on each side of each eclair.Use a small nozzle to pipe in the filling from one hole until the filling oozes out of the other one.
- Dip the eclair into the ganache.
Using an electrical mixer mix the vanilla, sugar and cream into a thick filling. Pour this into a piping bag fitted with a small circular nozzle.
Melt chocolate in a microwave (or on double boiler). Add butter to the warm melted chocolate. Lastly mix in the confectioners sugar using electrical mixer.
- 200 gm dark chocolate (chips or bar)
- 2 tiny dairy milk bars(or any other milk chocolate)- (optional-only dark chocolate will also do)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup butter(salted)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
Step By Step
Melt your chocolate in a microwave or a double boiler.
Mix the chocolate to avoid any lumps.
Take a silicone mold and fill it with chocolate. Just enough to cover sides and the bottom(Tap out excess)
Place the mold in the fridge for 5 minutes. The chocolate will harden.
Fill the mold with caramel sauce. Again refrigerate for 5 minutes.
Lastly Cover the caramel with another layer of chocolate.
Refrigerate it for 5 minutes.
“Pop” out the chocolates filled with caramel, one by one. Taking care not to break them.
Add Sugar to 5 tbsp water and let all the sugar melt on very low heat. Keep stirring on regular intervals to prevent sugar lumps forming.
Add the butter and the cream. Keep Stirring until the caramel sauce forms. Don’t let this get too thick, since it thickens more after cooling.