What You need(3 Medium serves)
1 1/4 cup sliced chicken in chunks
1 baby carrot chopped
1 bell pepper chopped
4 green chili chopped
2 spring onions chopped
1 large tomato thinly sliced
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp oregano powder
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin seeds
1/4 cup chili sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp white vinegar
Salt to taste
1 small package uncooked penne pasta
Oil to saute
How to go about it
- Boil Pasta as per the instructions on the package.
- In 4 tablespoon oil, add sliced tomatoes. Stir with a spoon to let them cook in their juices. Then add the sliced chicken. Add 1/4 cup water. Add all the dry spices and salt and stir with a spoon. Cover this with a lid. And let it simmer for 15 min.
- After 15 min, add another 4 tbsp oil,add green chili, bell pepper, carrot, spring onions.
- Add soy sauce, chili sauce and vinegar. Stir with a spoon.
- Add the chicken chili mixture into boiled penne pasta. And Mix with a spoon.
Aloha bloggy friends!!!!….finally updating the recipe…..(I had actually forgotten to post the recipe altogether :O thankfully I remembered after replying to comments in the first post of the cliffhanger writing challenge …….So thankyou all for keeping me sane (or close to it).
Anyone can have lasagna but only Sylvester Stallone can have a moment like this…….
(Is it just me or S.S. looks afraid of…….maybe Sumo Wrestler dropping him?)
If I was a cartoon character, I’d be Jerry. Yes Jerry from the good ole Tom and Jerry. Not because I’m too clever by half (that too) but because I adore cheese. I’ll even fight menacing cats and huge dogs to get to a nicely treated chunk of Swiss cheese. Or any kind of cheese for that matter. Cheddar cheese for example is another Swiss cheese for me. Forgive me cheese connoisseurs for saying that. I really am basic when it comes to explaining my choices. While preparing a pizza, lasagna,mac n cheese etcetera etcetera I do pop a huge chunk of cheese in my mouth. I roll it around till the tang settles deeply into my taste buds. Then I chew it bit by bit. My canines, molars and premolars gnawing cheerfully. I savor my cheese to the last particle. Then, I lick my lips in a classic 80’s villain faced-with-pitiful-victim style . A suitable end to a lovely odyssey.
Mac N’ Cheese Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cup boiled and shredded chicken
- 2 cups cheddar
- 1/4 packet macaroni boiled
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper powdered
- 1 cup milk
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp + 1 tbsp butter
Mac N’ Cheese How to:
- In a pan melt butter on low heat
- Add onion and garlic clove and stir.
- Add milk and whisk.
- Season with black pepper, salt and oregano.
- Let the milk thicken.
- Fold in the shredded chicken,boiled macaroni and cheese.
- Empty the pan contents into a baking dish.
- spread the 1 tbsp butter all over it.
- set to bake.
There’s always one Saturday night when I’m up late and the rest of the house is asleep. Inevitably I get hungry, and I want something instantly. No, I won’t order something from Pizza Hut or Nandos. Because when I do that, I fall asleep after placing the order. I am terrible at waiting 😛 Someone else has to get up from their dear sleep, and get the food in. I’d rather go to the kitchen and make my supper spicy spaghetti. I can’t say enough about them. I love them and will have them any time.Especially with a side dish of mash potatoes! Sharing my recipe here!
What you need for it
- Half a packet spaghetti- Boiled
- 1 capsicum finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/2 cabbage finely chopped
- A few spring onions chopped
- 1 cup boiled shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 can pureed tomatoes
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper ground
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp cornflour
- vegetable oil to fry
How to go about it
- Take a large pan and heat oil in it
- On a low heat add the spring onions,capsicum,carrot,onion,and cabbage. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes
- Add the shredded chicken to the pan and stir.
- Add pureed tomatoes to the pan. stir. Add all the spices,sauces and vinegar and stir them into the material in the pan.
- Put cornflour in cooled chicken stock and mix with a spoon. (Warning: putting it in hot stock will curdle cornflour)
- Add the cornflour/stock mixture to the pan and stir.
- Lastly add boiled spaghetti to the pan and mix them into all the fried material. Fry every thing for 5-7 minutes
Your super spicy spaghetti is ready. The more you make them, the less time it will take. I take maximum half an hour to put the deal together. I love the hot and sour-ness of these!
- Spicy Meatballs With Spaghetti (evsfitness.co.uk)
- Spaghetti Bolognese (w/ Bacon) (beesbaking.wordpress.com)
- Spaghetti Squash (ferriterkelly.wordpress.com)
- Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs (jazzylunchbox.wordpress.com)
- Easy Jambalaya (thekiwicook.wordpress.com)