Sweet rice pudding is a wonderful dessert that is made from minimum ingredients and is therefore uncomplicated. I loved it as a kid and still adore it at 18. P.s Its so easy to make yet tastes so amazing especially when garnished with almonds and crushed cardamom.And since I like to celebrate my lazy days with minimum effort and lovely food, I am super infatuated with this dessert 😛
- 2.5 litre milk
- 1/4 kg rice
- 15 cardamom crushed
- 300 g white granulated sugar
- 15- 20 almonds for garnishing (Crush half of them)
How to go about it
- Soak rice in 2 cups water for 1.5 hrs
- After having soaked them for 1.5 hrs, blend them in a blender(along with the water in which they were soaking)
- Bring the milk to boil in a large saucepan
- Put blended rice into the boiling milk. Stir for 5-7 minutes to incorporate rice into milk.(Stirring is important as the mixture can get stuck to the bottom of the pan)
- Reduce heat levels. Leave this mixture to simmer for 1 1/4 hr. HOWEVER keep stirring on regular intervals all this while, to prevent sticking and burning.
- When the rice and milk mixture has reached thick almost homogeneous consistency, add sugar and stir to incorporate it.
- Put crushed cardamom and almonds into it. Stir.
- Pour the mixture into pudding bowls.
- let it cool in fridge for 1 hour or more.
- Garnish it with whole almonds.
- Indian Spiced Rice Pudding (Kheer) (thedinnerpages.wordpress.com)
- Rice Pudding in a Crock-pot (Slow Cooker) (ripattisvoicebox.wordpress.com)
- Cardamom Rice Pudding with Spiced Plums (scaredycatkitchen.com)
- Ground Rice Pudding (ifpushcomestoshove.wordpress.com)
- Warm Coconut Rice Pudding (thebittenword.com)
- Indian Sweet Semolina Cardamom Pudding (Suji Halwa) (spicediary.com)
- Double ka Meetha (emilycharlet.wordpress.com)
- Ginger Pumpkin Bread Pudding (canned-time.com)
- Saffron Rice Pudding (makeoverrecipes.wordpress.com)