- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or substitute by putting 1/2 tbsp white vinegar in a cup then filling it half up with milk; let stand 5 minutes until thickened)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup hot coffee
Fluffy Chocolate Frosting:
(Mix the following ingredients in the stand mixer and let a thick frosting form)
- 4 oz unsalted butter
- 4 oz unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 oz powdered sugar
- 2 oz whipping cream
- 4 oz sweetened dark chocolate(melted)
How To Go About It
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Flour and grease your baking tin.
- In the stand mixer add all the ingredients(except coffee) and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Stir in the hot coffee with a spatula.
- Pour the batter in the tin and set to bake.
- Bake until the knife comes out clean with just a few crumbs.
- Let the cake cool in a fridge for half an hour.
- Smother the cake in fluffy chocolate frosting.
Yesterday mom requested me to bake some ‘plain’ nut brownies for her. I began firmly focused.Very firmly.No chocolate Ayesha. No chocolate. Then I forgot all about my resolution and put in just a little chocolate.Just a little. Not too much.Then I went…uh..a little over the top. By applying milk chocolate on the surface as well. And then you have to put dark chocolate chips over the lighter milk chocolate. You absolutely have to,it’s the rule. When my mom saw them, she sighed ‘ I just knew it’.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts and walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6og dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 oz sweet milk chocolate melted( for topping)
- chocolate chips( to sprinkle)
- Grease and Flour the baking tin.Preheat the oven.
- Sift flour,baking powder, baking soda and set aside.
- Melt butter,brown sugar, dark chocolate over a double boiler.
- Combine peanut butter, eggs and milk in a bowl and whisk.
- Fold in the roasted nuts
- Finally put together all ingredients and whisk.
- Set to bake
- Apply melted Milk chocolate over the surface of brownies
- Sprinkle chocolate chips
The way to eat everything and not get fat is to have moderate to small proportions of everything.Santa ate fifty of these brownies in one go. And look what happens.So be careful. Moderate proportions. Those are the magic words.
Love, Hugs, Lots and lots of Best Wishes For All The Years To Come.