Hello lovelies and lovelaas( lovelaas for males). Since English is not my mother tongue, I would be given a little leverage when I run off the track, or wouldn’t I? Anyway, this cookie recipe I’m sharing is an extremely tried and tested one at our place. So tried and tested that it has become completely run off the mill. But that doesn’t do away with the fact that these cookies are always high in demand at our house. I usually make them plain(Without cocoa powder, chocolate chips) but this time my chocolate love elbowed its way even into my cookie baking prowess.
Ingredients:( For approx 2 dozen + small ones,depending on size)
- 3/4 cup butter(softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup all- purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest (optional-if you like the lemoney scent )
- I divided my dough into 3 parts. In the first part I kneaded in cocoa powder(1/4 cup). In the second part I added chocolate chips. The third part was left plain(I decorated these ones with roasted almonds after cutting out shapes).
How to go about it :
- Add sugar,butter and whisk these together in a bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla and whisk well.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, lemon zest and salt
- Mix all the above ingredients in one bowl. Knead well.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or more.
- Take the dough and use a rolling pin to roll out the dough
- use the cookie cutters, to cut out shapes as desired.(Personally I love hearts)
- Set to bake
- Bake until the cookies get firm. Don’t over bake.
The last picture is of eclairs and chocolate truffles that a cousin bought on his way back from London…….! I just totally love chocolates. Excuse me while I devour this loveliness .
You’re not hungry by any chance, are you ? 😀 😛
Hello ladies and gentlemen, this is what the incurable Ayesha did today. Right after she got up from flu she went sniffing into the kitchen. Like a mouse, or perhaps an ant she was instantly attracted to the box of dark chocolate on the kitchen rack. Ayesha forgot that she had been ill. She usually forgets things when faced with chocolate. After all what good is chocolate inside a box? Therefore Ayesha instantly went to work to bring that chocolate out of the box. Her mother was not at home and therefore had no idea that her miserable daughter was thieving in her own home. When the mother came back she didn’t see any chocolate. Not even the empty box. After all Ayesha is a hardened criminal and leaves no traces. This is what Ayesha did with chocolate!
Ingredients For Cake(6.5 inches):
- 4 eggs
- 6 oz brown sugar
- 4 oz cake flour
- 0.5 oz baking powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
Now you will notice that this contains no milk and no butter . Since we are going to use a lot of cream in topping and layering, fat and milk inside of cake would make cake heavy. Right now, its just perfectly moist and light and we want it this way!
How to Go About-Cake
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Put eggs and sugar in a bowl and whisk till thick and fluffy.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and sift.
- Add dry ingredients and add i tbsp at a time while constantly whisking.
- You have a thick batter now. Pour into greased and floured baking pan.
- Bake till set. Slide the knife into cake and see if it comes out clean.
Ingredients for Chocolate Cream Topping
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 tbsp powdered sugar
- 3 oz sweet dark chocolate melted
- 9 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Dark chocolate chips
How to Go About Topping
- Place your whisking bowl and whipping head in freezer for 20 minutes before you begin.This will help your topping be firm.
- In a stand mixer(or otherwise) whisk cream and sugar on low speed.
- increase speed as you add cocoa powder..
- Add dark chocolate and keep on whisking.
- Now you have a thick topping with you.
- Make sugar water with 1/2 cup sugar and 10 tbsp water.
- Cut cake into three thick round slices.
- Apply sugar water on top of each layer.This will hold all three parts of cake together. It acts as glue.
- Beginning with the first layer, apply topping as desired on all three layers.
- Sprinkle dark chocolate Chips.
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014 TO ALL OF YOU! HUGS,LOVE…AND FANTASTIC LIVES AHEAD.
Its a big world, and there’s a lot of sadness. Are we playing are part and spreading joy?
Listen, we continue to be despite all predictions of world ending. Isn’t this a chance and an opportunity to make amendments? Its a new sun and a new day. Let’s be what we couldn’t before 🙂 🙂 🙂
- Dark Chocolate-Cherry Custard Cake (kitchensmitten.wordpress.com)
Yesterday mom requested me to bake some ‘plain’ nut brownies for her. I began firmly focused.Very firmly.No chocolate Ayesha. No chocolate. Then I forgot all about my resolution and put in just a little chocolate.Just a little. Not too much.Then I went…uh..a little over the top. By applying milk chocolate on the surface as well. And then you have to put dark chocolate chips over the lighter milk chocolate. You absolutely have to,it’s the rule. When my mom saw them, she sighed ‘ I just knew it’.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts and walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6og dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 oz sweet milk chocolate melted( for topping)
- chocolate chips( to sprinkle)
- Grease and Flour the baking tin.Preheat the oven.
- Sift flour,baking powder, baking soda and set aside.
- Melt butter,brown sugar, dark chocolate over a double boiler.
- Combine peanut butter, eggs and milk in a bowl and whisk.
- Fold in the roasted nuts
- Finally put together all ingredients and whisk.
- Set to bake
- Apply melted Milk chocolate over the surface of brownies
- Sprinkle chocolate chips
The way to eat everything and not get fat is to have moderate to small proportions of everything.Santa ate fifty of these brownies in one go. And look what happens.So be careful. Moderate proportions. Those are the magic words.
Love, Hugs, Lots and lots of Best Wishes For All The Years To Come.