- 200 gm dark chocolate (chips or bar)
- 2 tiny dairy milk bars(or any other milk chocolate)- (optional-only dark chocolate will also do)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup butter(salted)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
Step By Step
Melt your chocolate in a microwave or a double boiler.
Mix the chocolate to avoid any lumps.
Take a silicone mold and fill it with chocolate. Just enough to cover sides and the bottom(Tap out excess)
Place the mold in the fridge for 5 minutes. The chocolate will harden.
Fill the mold with caramel sauce. Again refrigerate for 5 minutes.
Lastly Cover the caramel with another layer of chocolate.
Refrigerate it for 5 minutes.
“Pop” out the chocolates filled with caramel, one by one. Taking care not to break them.
Add Sugar to 5 tbsp water and let all the sugar melt on very low heat. Keep stirring on regular intervals to prevent sugar lumps forming.
Add the butter and the cream. Keep Stirring until the caramel sauce forms. Don’t let this get too thick, since it thickens more after cooling.
Hello lovelies and lovelaas( lovelaas for males). Since English is not my mother tongue, I would be given a little leverage when I run off the track, or wouldn’t I? Anyway, this cookie recipe I’m sharing is an extremely tried and tested one at our place. So tried and tested that it has become completely run off the mill. But that doesn’t do away with the fact that these cookies are always high in demand at our house. I usually make them plain(Without cocoa powder, chocolate chips) but this time my chocolate love elbowed its way even into my cookie baking prowess.
Ingredients:( For approx 2 dozen + small ones,depending on size)
- 3/4 cup butter(softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup all- purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest (optional-if you like the lemoney scent )
- I divided my dough into 3 parts. In the first part I kneaded in cocoa powder(1/4 cup). In the second part I added chocolate chips. The third part was left plain(I decorated these ones with roasted almonds after cutting out shapes).
How to go about it :
- Add sugar,butter and whisk these together in a bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla and whisk well.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, lemon zest and salt
- Mix all the above ingredients in one bowl. Knead well.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or more.
- Take the dough and use a rolling pin to roll out the dough
- use the cookie cutters, to cut out shapes as desired.(Personally I love hearts)
- Set to bake
- Bake until the cookies get firm. Don’t over bake.
The last picture is of eclairs and chocolate truffles that a cousin bought on his way back from London…….! I just totally love chocolates. Excuse me while I devour this loveliness .
You’re not hungry by any chance, are you ? 😀 😛
Today it was ice cream cake. To be specific, a chocolate ice cream cake. Ummm…ignore that I mentioned chocolate. It doesn’t matter if the cake was chocolate(And also ignore the fact that most desserts I make have some sort of chocolate in them). In fact I should just strike out the past few lines. Anyway bloggy friends I made(and ate) this cake today! And obviously chocolate cake plus chocolate ice cream, topped with chocolate ganache, and decorated with white chocolate…..it was aww–weee-sommee! Sighs. I just love chocolate. Love however(due to excessive use) has become a very cliched word. So I checked out the synonyms for love. A few I found out were fondness/tenderness/ warmth/ intimacy/attachment/endearment. I feel all this for chocolate and more!!
What you Need
- A chocolate Cake( Divided into three thick slices) For the recipe i used, click here
- A Box of chocolate ice cream( Softened with kitchen aid mixer or otherwise)
- Dark chocolate 1/2 cup melted
- 1/4 cup white chocolate + 1/4 cup heavy cream mixed into thick frosting using kitchen aid(For decorating)-Optional
How to go about it
- Take an ice cream mold ( I took a cuboid mold)
- Put the first layer of cake. Top it with a thick layer chocolate of ice cream.
- Put the second slice of cake over this and again top with ice cream. Top this with the third layer of cake.
- Put the mold in freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Take out the ice cream cake(It slides out quite easily) and top it with melted dark chocolate.
- Lastly decorate it as you like with white chocolate/cream frosting.
- Freeze For another half an hour, then serve.
Cake cut Into three slices before adding ice cream
We are all beginners, and even though this is an easy recipe people may have questions. Any and all questions are welcome. Particularly if you’re my sister who is not really interested in cooking but will make the ice cream cake any time(Or so she says) 🙂
Hugs and Love,
(And yeah we’re eating this in winters :O) Not very sensible, eh?)
Some Other Chocolate Recipes Here:
Chocolate Moo Cake
Chocolate and Nut Brownies
Chocolate Crime Scene Cake
Lately,whenever I chat up with a fellow blogger, it seems that they’re just worried about one thing….”Did a mouse eat up Zemanta?”. That may not be the precise worry,it has variations. Hope this answers your question!…………
This is an official notice from wordpress:(Copy Pasted)
On January 2nd, 2014 we’re removing our third-party integration with Zemanta, which added some tools like a manual related content tool, and suggestions for tags and images. We’re working on improving our editor to incorporate some of this functionality natively within WordPress.com. Some features, like related posts, are already there and better than the Zemanta-created version, in our opinion and testing.
In the meantime, we encourage you to use our own Related Posts feature, and for images, check out our list of websites that provide free images, videos, books, and other content for your blogs.
_WordPress Happiness Engineer
What I say people is that don’t worry about Zemanta-Wordpress equation. Just Chill and Make the Mocha Frappe and insert a scoop of chocolate ice-cream! I mean when you have this,do you really(Ask your self again) REALLY need to bother yourself with boring stuff like the zemanta-wordpress relationship??? Chill guys! Chill with a few ice cubes! 🙂 🙂
What You Need (4 medium serves)
4 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp coffee powder
1/4 cup boiling water
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup ice cubes
1 cup milk
Chocolate ice cream of your choice
How you Go about it
Combine cocoa,coffee,hot water and sugar.Stir well and remove any lumps
Place Ice cubes, 5 tbsp chocolate ice cream and coffee mixture into the blender. Blend till foam forms on top.
Lastly add 1 scoop chocolate ice cream in each of the serving glasses
Pour in the mocha frappe on top of each glass
Hello ladies and gentlemen, this is what the incurable Ayesha did today. Right after she got up from flu she went sniffing into the kitchen. Like a mouse, or perhaps an ant she was instantly attracted to the box of dark chocolate on the kitchen rack. Ayesha forgot that she had been ill. She usually forgets things when faced with chocolate. After all what good is chocolate inside a box? Therefore Ayesha instantly went to work to bring that chocolate out of the box. Her mother was not at home and therefore had no idea that her miserable daughter was thieving in her own home. When the mother came back she didn’t see any chocolate. Not even the empty box. After all Ayesha is a hardened criminal and leaves no traces. This is what Ayesha did with chocolate!
Ingredients For Cake(6.5 inches):
- 4 eggs
- 6 oz brown sugar
- 4 oz cake flour
- 0.5 oz baking powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
Now you will notice that this contains no milk and no butter . Since we are going to use a lot of cream in topping and layering, fat and milk inside of cake would make cake heavy. Right now, its just perfectly moist and light and we want it this way!
How to Go About-Cake
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Put eggs and sugar in a bowl and whisk till thick and fluffy.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and sift.
- Add dry ingredients and add i tbsp at a time while constantly whisking.
- You have a thick batter now. Pour into greased and floured baking pan.
- Bake till set. Slide the knife into cake and see if it comes out clean.
Ingredients for Chocolate Cream Topping
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 tbsp powdered sugar
- 3 oz sweet dark chocolate melted
- 9 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Dark chocolate chips
How to Go About Topping
- Place your whisking bowl and whipping head in freezer for 20 minutes before you begin.This will help your topping be firm.
- In a stand mixer(or otherwise) whisk cream and sugar on low speed.
- increase speed as you add cocoa powder..
- Add dark chocolate and keep on whisking.
- Now you have a thick topping with you.
- Make sugar water with 1/2 cup sugar and 10 tbsp water.
- Cut cake into three thick round slices.
- Apply sugar water on top of each layer.This will hold all three parts of cake together. It acts as glue.
- Beginning with the first layer, apply topping as desired on all three layers.
- Sprinkle dark chocolate Chips.
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014 TO ALL OF YOU! HUGS,LOVE…AND FANTASTIC LIVES AHEAD.
Its a big world, and there’s a lot of sadness. Are we playing are part and spreading joy?
Listen, we continue to be despite all predictions of world ending. Isn’t this a chance and an opportunity to make amendments? Its a new sun and a new day. Let’s be what we couldn’t before 🙂 🙂 🙂
- Dark Chocolate-Cherry Custard Cake (kitchensmitten.wordpress.com)
Yesterday mom requested me to bake some ‘plain’ nut brownies for her. I began firmly focused.Very firmly.No chocolate Ayesha. No chocolate. Then I forgot all about my resolution and put in just a little chocolate.Just a little. Not too much.Then I went…uh..a little over the top. By applying milk chocolate on the surface as well. And then you have to put dark chocolate chips over the lighter milk chocolate. You absolutely have to,it’s the rule. When my mom saw them, she sighed ‘ I just knew it’.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts and walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6og dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 oz sweet milk chocolate melted( for topping)
- chocolate chips( to sprinkle)
- Grease and Flour the baking tin.Preheat the oven.
- Sift flour,baking powder, baking soda and set aside.
- Melt butter,brown sugar, dark chocolate over a double boiler.
- Combine peanut butter, eggs and milk in a bowl and whisk.
- Fold in the roasted nuts
- Finally put together all ingredients and whisk.
- Set to bake
- Apply melted Milk chocolate over the surface of brownies
- Sprinkle chocolate chips
The way to eat everything and not get fat is to have moderate to small proportions of everything.Santa ate fifty of these brownies in one go. And look what happens.So be careful. Moderate proportions. Those are the magic words.
Love, Hugs, Lots and lots of Best Wishes For All The Years To Come.
Cows are lovely creatures. Innocent,dewy eyed and beautiful….. And really, who am I kidding? They are pretty dangerous as well. Our Punjabi maid comes from the farming and animal rearing region of Punjab. In fact, she and her family used to reside on the farm. She used to take cows out for galloping and feeding in the fields. There are countless stories of cows breaking free of the rope and running away. My maid sometimes singlehandedly and sometimes with a group of other people used to get the cow back from where ever it chose to hide. And now moving from cows to………well yes…the cake. The cows were the inspiration for this cake.The Lovely Chocolate ‘Moo’ Cake.
What You Need:
- A Chocolate Cake- Use any recipe you like.I used the one I have taken ages perfecting.Find it here.
- Oreo Cookies
- White Chocolate
- Whipped Cream
- Milk Chocolate
- Chocolate Chips
I made three of these on all the three shapes. Demonstrating on the cylinder.
Soak 10-12 Oreos in milk ,depending on the size of the cake.
Soak for about two minutes.We don’t want an Oreo milkshake.Just soggy Oreos.
Melt white Chocolate.Mix it into whipped cream and drizzle over cake.
Last Step. Melt milk chocolate and put dollops over the cake. Sprinkle chocolate chips.
Lastly A BIG thanks to MISS MOO for being an inspiration for the cake.You rock Miss Moo, like totally.Thanks to your awesome system I got the milk and the chocolate.
After a few days Sabbath I’m back to baking. And the first thing that I did was a Chocolate Roulade. It was the kind of roulade that makes you..” Well to hell with the camera, let’s dig in!” I did the same. And only took the pictures when one large chocolate roulade was gone….eep. And I’m not the only one guilty here. When I announced, “Guys let me take a few pics then we can roll”. The friends gazed at me with horror(Eyes like saucers-only larger)and were like,”Whaaa?” And nobody listened to me. I shook my stuff like a mad chicken and protested, but to no avail. The plate went clean.All that was left was a piece on the side. Sad story.
What You Need
- 120g egg yolks
- 35g sugar
- 35 g honey
- 160g egg whites
- 60g sugar
- All-purpose flour 5og
- Cocoa powder 15g
- Butter 20g- Melted
- Milk 35ml
- 355ml/1 ½ cups double (heavy) cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Whisk these together an a bowl.Set aside.
Lots of dark chocolate( and some Dairymilk chocolate) melted with butter on double boiler.
- Preheat oven.
- Grease and line your baking tray with parchment.
- Whisk egg yolks,honey and sugar. Heat these over a double boiler until it reaches room temperature. Remove from the boiler. Whisk till light and fluffy.
- Whisk the flour and the cocoa powder.Set aside.
- Whisk egg whites and sugar until stiff peaks form.Set aside.
- Add 1 tsp espresso powder to egg yolk mixture. Mix in.
- Add half the egg whites/sugar into the bowl with egg yolk mixture. Fold in.
- Add the flour/cocoa to the egg yolk mixture. Fold in well.
- Add the remaining egg whites/sugar into egg yolk mixture and fold in well.
- Fold in the melted butter and milk into the batter.
- Set to bake. Only bake till the batter is firm.
- Refrigerate for 5-10 min then apply Filling and the Topping.
Don’t overbake. Otherwise it won’t fold.
Apply the filling thickly for better taste.
Today I combined Oreo and chocolate to make my own version of the amazing chocolate wasted Oreo cookie cake. It was delicious. Like a typical “chocolate thing” it vanished from the plate in seconds. This was for my lovely mom. You can’t love your parents enough. No matter what you do, you can never care for them as much as they always care for you. All you have are your little worldly gestures!
For 1 Chocolate Cake You Need
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup strong coffee
Instructions for the cake:
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. set aside.
- Beat the egg until light and fluffy.
- whisk together vanilla extract,coffee,buttermilk and vegetable oil.
- Add egg to the flour mixture and whisk.
- Slowly add coffee/buttermilk/vegetable oil/vanilla mixture. Whisk constantly all the while.
- Place parchment in cake pan. Grease it.
- Set the cake to bake. Bake until toothpick/knife comes out clean.
What you need for Oreo Filling:
- 1/2 cup cream
- 7-8 Oreo cookies lightly crushed(NOT powdered)
- 1/4 cup butter ( at room temperature)
- chocolate chips(optional)
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
Instructions for filling:
- Whisk cocoa powder and espresso powder in cream.
- Add butter and whisk
- fold in the Oreo cookies and chocolate chips.
Instructions for Ganache:
Take quarter stick of butter and 6 oz dark chocolate. Melt these on a double boiler. Add 1/2 tsp espresso powder and whisk this into the ganache.
Put the deal together by cutting the chocolate cake in half and putting the filling on the lower half and covering it with other half. Cover the cake in ganache with a spatula.
- Chocolate Mud and Oreo Cupcakes (mandywrangles.wordpress.com)
- Oreo Cookie Brownie :):) (treatandtrick.wordpress.com)
- Snickerdoodle Oreo Cookie Balls (chewoutloud.com)
- PB Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies (dizzybusyandhungry.com)
- 7 Best Homemade Desserts With Oreo Cookies (cupcakepedia.com)
- Chocolate Oreo Cake (onegreenplanet.org)
- Chocolate-Chocolate Cupcakes! (kitchensmitten.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Oreos (freshfitnhealthy.com)
- Oreo Brownies (deliciousdessertsrecipes.com)
- Homemade Oreo Cookies!! (anneliesez.wordpress.com)
I went on a cupcake baking spree for a family get together. I removed one batch after another from the oven . Needless to say, ended up making more than enough to feed the clan. And made them super chocolatey, by first covering the naked chocolate cupcakes with chocolate ganache, and then writing on them with white chocolate frosting. They were yummy,and were gone in minutes (Like I’d already predicted :P) If someone asks me the one thing that shall never tire me out? I’d be quick to say “Chocolate cupcakes”.I’m not a big fan of cream over cupcakes. No thank you, I’d rather have chocolate over mine.
What You Need (for 24 cupacakes):
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk See How to
- 1/2 cup strong coffee (cooled)
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Frosting: (Melted 6 oz bittersweet dark chocolate, 1/4 cup brown sugar and half a stick butter on a double boiler. Mix well with a hand mixer )
How to go about it:
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees. Set the paper liners into cupcake moulds.
- In a bowl sift together the flour,cocoa powder, baking powder,salt,and baking soda.Set aside.
- In another bowl combine sugar and eggs. Whisk till fluffy.Set aside.
- Add butter to cooled coffee and whisk.
- Now add all the ingredients in one bowl and beat well with a stand mixer.
- Pour the mixture into the paper liners. Set into the oven to bake.