Today I combined Oreo and chocolate to make my own version of the amazing chocolate wasted Oreo cookie cake. It was delicious. Like a typical “chocolate thing” it vanished from the plate in seconds. This was for my lovely mom. You can’t love your parents enough. No matter what you do, you can never care for them as much as they always care for you. All you have are your little worldly gestures!
For 1 Chocolate Cake You Need
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup strong coffee
Instructions for the cake:
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. set aside.
- Beat the egg until light and fluffy.
- whisk together vanilla extract,coffee,buttermilk and vegetable oil.
- Add egg to the flour mixture and whisk.
- Slowly add coffee/buttermilk/vegetable oil/vanilla mixture. Whisk constantly all the while.
- Place parchment in cake pan. Grease it.
- Set the cake to bake. Bake until toothpick/knife comes out clean.
What you need for Oreo Filling:
- 1/2 cup cream
- 7-8 Oreo cookies lightly crushed(NOT powdered)
- 1/4 cup butter ( at room temperature)
- chocolate chips(optional)
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
Instructions for filling:
- Whisk cocoa powder and espresso powder in cream.
- Add butter and whisk
- fold in the Oreo cookies and chocolate chips.
Instructions for Ganache:
Take quarter stick of butter and 6 oz dark chocolate. Melt these on a double boiler. Add 1/2 tsp espresso powder and whisk this into the ganache.
Put the deal together by cutting the chocolate cake in half and putting the filling on the lower half and covering it with other half. Cover the cake in ganache with a spatula.
- Chocolate Mud and Oreo Cupcakes (mandywrangles.wordpress.com)
- Oreo Cookie Brownie :):) (treatandtrick.wordpress.com)
- Snickerdoodle Oreo Cookie Balls (chewoutloud.com)
- PB Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies (dizzybusyandhungry.com)
- 7 Best Homemade Desserts With Oreo Cookies (cupcakepedia.com)
- Chocolate Oreo Cake (onegreenplanet.org)
- Chocolate-Chocolate Cupcakes! (kitchensmitten.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Oreos (freshfitnhealthy.com)
- Oreo Brownies (deliciousdessertsrecipes.com)
- Homemade Oreo Cookies!! (anneliesez.wordpress.com)
I went on a cupcake baking spree for a family get together. I removed one batch after another from the oven . Needless to say, ended up making more than enough to feed the clan. And made them super chocolatey, by first covering the naked chocolate cupcakes with chocolate ganache, and then writing on them with white chocolate frosting. They were yummy,and were gone in minutes (Like I’d already predicted :P) If someone asks me the one thing that shall never tire me out? I’d be quick to say “Chocolate cupcakes”.I’m not a big fan of cream over cupcakes. No thank you, I’d rather have chocolate over mine.
What You Need (for 24 cupacakes):
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk See How to
- 1/2 cup strong coffee (cooled)
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Frosting: (Melted 6 oz bittersweet dark chocolate, 1/4 cup brown sugar and half a stick butter on a double boiler. Mix well with a hand mixer )
How to go about it:
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees. Set the paper liners into cupcake moulds.
- In a bowl sift together the flour,cocoa powder, baking powder,salt,and baking soda.Set aside.
- In another bowl combine sugar and eggs. Whisk till fluffy.Set aside.
- Add butter to cooled coffee and whisk.
- Now add all the ingredients in one bowl and beat well with a stand mixer.
- Pour the mixture into the paper liners. Set into the oven to bake.
“The greatest tragedies were written by the Greeks and Shakespeare…neither knew chocolate.” ― Sandra Boynton
When I was a kid mom used to make lovely vanilla custard cakes for me and my sisters,I loved them but I loved chocolate more. Then I grew up, and baking chocolate cakes became an obsession. Recently me ,my sisters and mother were having a “remember when…”, when the topic of her vanilla custard cakes came along. They all looked so wistful 😛 that I decided to bake them custard cakes but…chocolate ones. The rest is history. They loved this cake so much, and every one wanted to know the recipe. Even my mom admits that this is better than her vanilla custard cakes (And that for her is a big thing to admit 😛 )
Ingredients ( For 2 small or one Large cake):
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 1/2 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
4 eggs ( whites and yolks in separate bowls)
1/4 tsp vinegar
1 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
A pinch of baking powder
2 tbl spoons strongly brewed coffee
1 tsp vanilla extract
Cherries for decorating
Chocolate ganache for icing
(For Chocolate ganache Put a large pan with water boiling in it. Put a smaller pan over the boiling water. In the smaller pan add a stick of unsalted butter. Add 6 ounces semi-sweet dark chocolate or Milk chocolate. Let the butter and chocolate melt. Stir regularly.Put this in a fridge to cool)
How to go about it:
- Preheat the oven. Butter and flour your baking dish.
- Melt butter and set aside. Heat the milk and set aside so it gets lukewarm.
- In a seperate bowl whisk together the flour,pinch of baking powder and cocoa powder -set this aside
- Whip the egg whites to form stiff peaks-set this aside.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until light.Beat in the melted butter,espresso,vinegar and vanilla extract for about 3 minutes.
- Mix flour/ cocoa into the batter.
- Whisk in the milk. Make sure all the ingredients get well-incorporated.
- Fold in the egg whites 1/3 at a time. Keep repeating until all eggs are folded in.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish.
- Bake for around 50-60 min. The cake should be jiggly but firm( Not wet. To check this, slide a knife into the cake. If it comes out dry, your cake is done )
- Let your cake cool in the fridge for a while.
- Decorate it with chocolate ganache and cherries.
Have an amazing Baking Time.
Enjoy your cake and complements from friends & Family 😀