For the chocolate cake I used my tried and tested, and well loved recipe for super Moist Chocolate Cake.
For My Favorite Chocolate Butter Cream, I used( To decorate 1 medium sized cake)
1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter(you can also use unsalted)
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
80g milk chocolate of your choice (I used cadbury dairymilk bars)- At room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp heavy cream
How To Go About It
In a stand mixer (or a electrical hand mixer)add the butter . Mix till thick and fluffy.
Add cocoa powder and sugar. Mix on low speed to prevent sugar and cocoa from flying everywhere.
Increase speed and add the dairy milk bars,heavy cream and vanilla.
A thick creamy frosting will form.
I used a star nozzle to decorate the cake. Dusted cocoa powder at the edges of the cake. Then added three strawberries for face value!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or substitute by putting 1/2 tbsp white vinegar in a cup then filling it half up with milk; let stand 5 minutes until thickened)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup hot coffee
Fluffy Chocolate Frosting:
(Mix the following ingredients in the stand mixer and let a thick frosting form)
- 4 oz unsalted butter
- 4 oz unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 oz powdered sugar
- 2 oz whipping cream
- 4 oz sweetened dark chocolate(melted)
How To Go About It
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Flour and grease your baking tin.
- In the stand mixer add all the ingredients(except coffee) and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Stir in the hot coffee with a spatula.
- Pour the batter in the tin and set to bake.
- Bake until the knife comes out clean with just a few crumbs.
- Let the cake cool in a fridge for half an hour.
- Smother the cake in fluffy chocolate frosting.