Cows are lovely creatures. Innocent,dewy eyed and beautiful….. And really, who am I kidding? They are pretty dangerous as well. Our Punjabi maid comes from the farming and animal rearing region of Punjab. In fact, she and her family used to reside on the farm. She used to take cows out for galloping and feeding in the fields. There are countless stories of cows breaking free of the rope and running away. My maid sometimes singlehandedly and sometimes with a group of other people used to get the cow back from where ever it chose to hide. And now moving from cows to………well yes…the cake. The cows were the inspiration for this cake.The Lovely Chocolate ‘Moo’ Cake.
What You Need:
- A Chocolate Cake- Use any recipe you like.I used the one I have taken ages perfecting.Find it here.
- Oreo Cookies
- White Chocolate
- Whipped Cream
- Milk Chocolate
- Chocolate Chips
I made three of these on all the three shapes. Demonstrating on the cylinder.
Soak 10-12 Oreos in milk ,depending on the size of the cake.
Soak for about two minutes.We don’t want an Oreo milkshake.Just soggy Oreos.
Melt white Chocolate.Mix it into whipped cream and drizzle over cake.
Last Step. Melt milk chocolate and put dollops over the cake. Sprinkle chocolate chips.
Lastly A BIG thanks to MISS MOO for being an inspiration for the cake.You rock Miss Moo, like totally.Thanks to your awesome system I got the milk and the chocolate.
Today I combined Oreo and chocolate to make my own version of the amazing chocolate wasted Oreo cookie cake. It was delicious. Like a typical “chocolate thing” it vanished from the plate in seconds. This was for my lovely mom. You can’t love your parents enough. No matter what you do, you can never care for them as much as they always care for you. All you have are your little worldly gestures!
For 1 Chocolate Cake You Need
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup strong coffee
Instructions for the cake:
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. set aside.
- Beat the egg until light and fluffy.
- whisk together vanilla extract,coffee,buttermilk and vegetable oil.
- Add egg to the flour mixture and whisk.
- Slowly add coffee/buttermilk/vegetable oil/vanilla mixture. Whisk constantly all the while.
- Place parchment in cake pan. Grease it.
- Set the cake to bake. Bake until toothpick/knife comes out clean.
What you need for Oreo Filling:
- 1/2 cup cream
- 7-8 Oreo cookies lightly crushed(NOT powdered)
- 1/4 cup butter ( at room temperature)
- chocolate chips(optional)
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
Instructions for filling:
- Whisk cocoa powder and espresso powder in cream.
- Add butter and whisk
- fold in the Oreo cookies and chocolate chips.
Instructions for Ganache:
Take quarter stick of butter and 6 oz dark chocolate. Melt these on a double boiler. Add 1/2 tsp espresso powder and whisk this into the ganache.
Put the deal together by cutting the chocolate cake in half and putting the filling on the lower half and covering it with other half. Cover the cake in ganache with a spatula.
- Chocolate Mud and Oreo Cupcakes (mandywrangles.wordpress.com)
- Oreo Cookie Brownie :):) (treatandtrick.wordpress.com)
- Snickerdoodle Oreo Cookie Balls (chewoutloud.com)
- PB Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies (dizzybusyandhungry.com)
- 7 Best Homemade Desserts With Oreo Cookies (cupcakepedia.com)
- Chocolate Oreo Cake (onegreenplanet.org)
- Chocolate-Chocolate Cupcakes! (kitchensmitten.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Oreos (freshfitnhealthy.com)
- Oreo Brownies (deliciousdessertsrecipes.com)
- Homemade Oreo Cookies!! (anneliesez.wordpress.com)