NEVER be fooled by what you see on the outside, because on the inside it’s often a different story.Anonymous.
This recipe is being presented with the guarantee that kids of all ages will adore them(Even if the kid is 50 years old or…..1oo…or older). Really crispy on the outside while still being thick,gooey and cheesy on the inside. This can be served as an appetizer or as a dish on its own(if you’re like me and love crispy-cheesy stuff).
Serves:24 small-sized croquettes
- 1/2 kg potatoes boiled( Skins discarded)
- 4 0z (or half cup) cheddar cheese(Grated)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp powdered black pepper
- Vegetable oil to fry
- 2 eggs beaten
- Process potatoes in a food processor until a thick mash is form( do not over process)
- To this mash add the grated cheese, salt and pepper. Stir the potato-cheese mash with a spoon.
- Divide this into tiny tennis-size balls. With hands, tweak each ball to an oval shape.
- Now dip each ball in egg mixture, then coat in bread crumbs. Coat all the croquettes and keep in a plate.
- Finally deep fry potato croquettes on medium heat (take your time frying to give it a crisp cover) until golden brown and crispy.