This post will have to be without an intro, I’ve decided. Can I explain this food? No I can’t. You have to eat it to know it. Hot. Spicy.Delicious.
Ingredients For Jalfrezi
- 1/2 kg chicken in cubes
- 2 medium onions cut in cubes
- 2 medium size capsicum cut in cubes
- 3 medium tomatoes cut in cubes
- 3-4 green chilies slit into halves
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp black pepper ground
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Cook Half the tomatoes in oil. Stir with spoon till mashed
- Then add chicken in cubes and all the spices on high flame
- Add yogurt also. Stir constantly.
- When the chicken changes color,add 3 tbsp water and cover the lid. Let it cook till tender.
- Now add capsicum, onion, tomatoes(rest of the half) and green chilies.
- Mix well.Give 5 min cooking time to veggies. Don’t overcook veggies.
- Dish out the material and serve with fried rice.
Ingredients For Fried Rice
- 3 cups rice-boiled
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup cabbage
- 1 carrot diced into bits
- 1 onion chopped into cubes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 spring onions chopped
- Whisk and fry the eggs. Scramble to little pieces.set aside.
- Saute vegetables. set aside.
- Add boiled rice,sauteed vegetables and rice in a pan.
- Stir fry everything for a few minutes.
- Add fried egg on the top at the last minute.Mix it in.
- Serve with Jalfrezi.
Enjoy and Share With Friends And Family.
Lots of love and Hugs.
What do I want? I want a real winter. A real winter with real snow. A lot of you guys might be questioning yourself, “Is she mad?”. Don’t judge me, hear me out. Unlike most of you, I live in a place which has summer for ten WHOLE months. The last two months are fake winters,that is winters without snow. I think wintery-winters are lovely. And its not just the snow. Its the warm blankets, hot food,coffee,chocolate,nuts,soup,gossip and laziness that attracts me. I’m attracted to cold mist and cold hands. Glad to have a break from the moisture and sweat that marks the other months. Maybe I should consider myself lucky that we often end up with the best of both seasons. Even the summer heat is never smoldering, its just there too much of the time. Does that mean we don’t have spring and autumn? Probably,since I never spotted the difference. Either it’s cold or it’s warm. It was cold yesterday, I could feel the winter on my nose. The best way to feel winter on your nose it to touch it. The feeling is like porcelain left in the fridge for a while. I wonder if it can crack as well if I pinch it. My sister told me to try it out! Obviously I did not 😛 Anyway. I made hot n’ sour soup for the two of us yesterday. We love this soup. Its the “sssss soup”. All you can do after eating it is stutter and gasp, from the hot and spicy-ness of it! And its super easy, super delicious,super everything good!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 8-10 green chili(finely chopped)
- 1/2 cabbage(finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp red chili sauce
- 1/3 cup tomato ketchup
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp white (or black) pepper
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 6 cup chicken stock
- 1/6 of spaghetti packet boiled (we just need a few noodles based on how much you want in your soup)
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 egg whisked
- 1 1/2 cup shredded chicken
How to go about it
- In a pan stir fry shredded chicken in 2 tbsp oil. Just fry for a minute or two. Take out and set aside.
- In a pan add finely chopped green chili and cabbage. Saute for a while in some vegetable oil.
- Add chili sauce, soy sauce,salt,pepper,red chili powder,brown sugar,chicken stock,ketchup.
- Add boiled noodles and stir.
- Let the soup simmer.
- Add fried chicken to the pan.
- Dissolve cornflour in 2 tbsp water and pour into the soup. This is to thicken it slightly.
- Pour egg over soup in THREADS and not lumps. You can use a piping bag/Plastic bag with tiny hole/spoon for this.Be careful.
- Let the soup simmer for a while before serving.