Hello ladies and gentlemen, this is what the incurable Ayesha did today. Right after she got up from flu she went sniffing into the kitchen. Like a mouse, or perhaps an ant she was instantly attracted to the box of dark chocolate on the kitchen rack. Ayesha forgot that she had been ill. She usually forgets things when faced with chocolate. After all what good is chocolate inside a box? Therefore Ayesha instantly went to work to bring that chocolate out of the box. Her mother was not at home and therefore had no idea that her miserable daughter was thieving in her own home. When the mother came back she didn’t see any chocolate. Not even the empty box. After all Ayesha is a hardened criminal and leaves no traces. This is what Ayesha did with chocolate!
Ingredients For Cake(6.5 inches):
- 4 eggs
- 6 oz brown sugar
- 4 oz cake flour
- 0.5 oz baking powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
Now you will notice that this contains no milk and no butter . Since we are going to use a lot of cream in topping and layering, fat and milk inside of cake would make cake heavy. Right now, its just perfectly moist and light and we want it this way!
How to Go About-Cake
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Put eggs and sugar in a bowl and whisk till thick and fluffy.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and sift.
- Add dry ingredients and add i tbsp at a time while constantly whisking.
- You have a thick batter now. Pour into greased and floured baking pan.
- Bake till set. Slide the knife into cake and see if it comes out clean.
Ingredients for Chocolate Cream Topping
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 tbsp powdered sugar
- 3 oz sweet dark chocolate melted
- 9 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Dark chocolate chips
How to Go About Topping
- Place your whisking bowl and whipping head in freezer for 20 minutes before you begin.This will help your topping be firm.
- In a stand mixer(or otherwise) whisk cream and sugar on low speed.
- increase speed as you add cocoa powder..
- Add dark chocolate and keep on whisking.
- Now you have a thick topping with you.
- Make sugar water with 1/2 cup sugar and 10 tbsp water.
- Cut cake into three thick round slices.
- Apply sugar water on top of each layer.This will hold all three parts of cake together. It acts as glue.
- Beginning with the first layer, apply topping as desired on all three layers.
- Sprinkle dark chocolate Chips.
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014 TO ALL OF YOU! HUGS,LOVE…AND FANTASTIC LIVES AHEAD.
Its a big world, and there’s a lot of sadness. Are we playing are part and spreading joy?
Listen, we continue to be despite all predictions of world ending. Isn’t this a chance and an opportunity to make amendments? Its a new sun and a new day. Let’s be what we couldn’t before 🙂 🙂 🙂
- Dark Chocolate-Cherry Custard Cake (kitchensmitten.wordpress.com)
Yesterday mom requested me to bake some ‘plain’ nut brownies for her. I began firmly focused.Very firmly.No chocolate Ayesha. No chocolate. Then I forgot all about my resolution and put in just a little chocolate.Just a little. Not too much.Then I went…uh..a little over the top. By applying milk chocolate on the surface as well. And then you have to put dark chocolate chips over the lighter milk chocolate. You absolutely have to,it’s the rule. When my mom saw them, she sighed ‘ I just knew it’.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts and walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6og dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 oz sweet milk chocolate melted( for topping)
- chocolate chips( to sprinkle)
- Grease and Flour the baking tin.Preheat the oven.
- Sift flour,baking powder, baking soda and set aside.
- Melt butter,brown sugar, dark chocolate over a double boiler.
- Combine peanut butter, eggs and milk in a bowl and whisk.
- Fold in the roasted nuts
- Finally put together all ingredients and whisk.
- Set to bake
- Apply melted Milk chocolate over the surface of brownies
- Sprinkle chocolate chips
The way to eat everything and not get fat is to have moderate to small proportions of everything.Santa ate fifty of these brownies in one go. And look what happens.So be careful. Moderate proportions. Those are the magic words.
Love, Hugs, Lots and lots of Best Wishes For All The Years To Come.
“The greatest tragedies were written by the Greeks and Shakespeare…neither knew chocolate.” ― Sandra Boynton
When I was a kid mom used to make lovely vanilla custard cakes for me and my sisters,I loved them but I loved chocolate more. Then I grew up, and baking chocolate cakes became an obsession. Recently me ,my sisters and mother were having a “remember when…”, when the topic of her vanilla custard cakes came along. They all looked so wistful 😛 that I decided to bake them custard cakes but…chocolate ones. The rest is history. They loved this cake so much, and every one wanted to know the recipe. Even my mom admits that this is better than her vanilla custard cakes (And that for her is a big thing to admit 😛 )
Ingredients ( For 2 small or one Large cake):
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 1/2 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
4 eggs ( whites and yolks in separate bowls)
1/4 tsp vinegar
1 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
A pinch of baking powder
2 tbl spoons strongly brewed coffee
1 tsp vanilla extract
Cherries for decorating
Chocolate ganache for icing
(For Chocolate ganache Put a large pan with water boiling in it. Put a smaller pan over the boiling water. In the smaller pan add a stick of unsalted butter. Add 6 ounces semi-sweet dark chocolate or Milk chocolate. Let the butter and chocolate melt. Stir regularly.Put this in a fridge to cool)
How to go about it:
- Preheat the oven. Butter and flour your baking dish.
- Melt butter and set aside. Heat the milk and set aside so it gets lukewarm.
- In a seperate bowl whisk together the flour,pinch of baking powder and cocoa powder -set this aside
- Whip the egg whites to form stiff peaks-set this aside.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until light.Beat in the melted butter,espresso,vinegar and vanilla extract for about 3 minutes.
- Mix flour/ cocoa into the batter.
- Whisk in the milk. Make sure all the ingredients get well-incorporated.
- Fold in the egg whites 1/3 at a time. Keep repeating until all eggs are folded in.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish.
- Bake for around 50-60 min. The cake should be jiggly but firm( Not wet. To check this, slide a knife into the cake. If it comes out dry, your cake is done )
- Let your cake cool in the fridge for a while.
- Decorate it with chocolate ganache and cherries.
Have an amazing Baking Time.
Enjoy your cake and complements from friends & Family 😀