NEVER be fooled by what you see on the outside, because on the inside it’s often a different story.Anonymous.
This recipe is being presented with the guarantee that kids of all ages will adore them(Even if the kid is 50 years old or…..1oo…or older). Really crispy on the outside while still being thick,gooey and cheesy on the inside. This can be served as an appetizer or as a dish on its own(if you’re like me and love crispy-cheesy stuff).
Serves:24 small-sized croquettes
- 1/2 kg potatoes boiled( Skins discarded)
- 4 0z (or half cup) cheddar cheese(Grated)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp powdered black pepper
- Vegetable oil to fry
- 2 eggs beaten
- Process potatoes in a food processor until a thick mash is form( do not over process)
- To this mash add the grated cheese, salt and pepper. Stir the potato-cheese mash with a spoon.
- Divide this into tiny tennis-size balls. With hands, tweak each ball to an oval shape.
- Now dip each ball in egg mixture, then coat in bread crumbs. Coat all the croquettes and keep in a plate.
- Finally deep fry potato croquettes on medium heat (take your time frying to give it a crisp cover) until golden brown and crispy.
- 1 1/4 cup refined flour
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp ghee/clarified butter
- 2 large potatoes boiled(slightly mashed with a spoon)
- 1 tsp crushed dried cumin seeds( to dry put on a low heated frying pan for a while.Crush with rolling pin)
- 1/2 tsp crushed dried pomegranate seeds(to dry put on a low heated frying pan for a while.Crush with rolling pin)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp ghee/clarified butter(for stir frying)
- 3 green chilies chopped finely
How to go about it(Cover)
- Knead the flour, clarified butter and salt with a little water to make a firm dough. Cover this with a wet cloth and set aside while we prepare our filling.
How to go about it( Filling)
- Set a frying pan on medium heat. Add the clarified butter. Add the potatoes and the rest of the ingredients in this pan. Stir for a while. Then dish out the filling.
A Step by step on how to put together the samosa
Here’s the filling
Divide your dough in lemon sized balls(just a bit larger than that).Then roll out each ball
Cut in two halves
Fold into cones
Stuff the cones with filling
Make a back-bone of the samosa.This helps it stand.
Now overlap the side with backbone to the front side. Press to close the samosa
You have a samosa that stands
Deep fry all samosas .Initially fry on medium heat for 5 minutes. This will cook the dough inside out.
Then raise heat levels, and on high flame, cook until brown and crispy.