‘ To be Or not to be?’ was the question I was asking myself after doing the work for this post. The headband itself is moderately time consuming. But to stop and take pictures at each an every single step is a horrible,horrible thing. I won’t do it again (I probably will). However since Christmas is nearly here now, I thought I might help out those who celebrate by suggesting an amazing DIY gift. I often do get crafty and create a lot of things for myself and friends. I will post a few things in the future as well (Hopefully).
- Red Satin 1/2 meter
- Golden satin 1/2 meter
- Plain(thin) plastic headband
- 1 meter Green velvet ribbon
- 1 meter Brown Velvet ribbon (optional)
- Cigarette Lighter
- Rexine, Felt or any other such cloth
The Following Is an Step By Step Tutorial For It:
- You need compass and pencil to draw 5 circles. The first 8 cm, second 7 cm,third 6 cm, fourth 5 cm, fifth 4 cm. This is Approximate you don’t have to be exact.
- Flip the satin over to the dull side before drawing circles.
- All the circles in a stack
- Take the Lighter
- Let the flame lick at the edge of each circle. Brown it and shape it but NOT burn it.
- After one of the circles has been flame-treated.
- All the ‘petals’ after flame-treatment.
Take your UHU/glue gun/german glue and put together the petals. One on top of other, Order wise.
- Take your little decorative beads-Or substitute with appropriate stuff.Decorate flower.
- Repeat the above steps to make a red flower. Cut out brown and green velvet leaves and glue them to the back of flowers.
- Begin wrapping your green velvet ribbon around thin plain plastic band.Use UHU to make this stick permanently to the band
- Now your flowers and wrapped band are ready. Get ready to Roll!(FINALLY..PHEW.) Notice that my first headband has 3/4 brown and 1/4 green ribbon. The second only has green ribbon. That’s because I ran out of brown and made do with green. So make sure to buy plenty of which ever color you like best. Personally I like a combination of both.
- I am using white rexine but you can use felt or any other alternative. I’m cutting out a shape to put the flowers firmly on the band. Keep watching.