Hello ladies and gentlemen, this is what the incurable Ayesha did today. Right after she got up from flu she went sniffing into the kitchen. Like a mouse, or perhaps an ant she was instantly attracted to the box of dark chocolate on the kitchen rack. Ayesha forgot that she had been ill. She usually forgets things when faced with chocolate. After all what good is chocolate inside a box? Therefore Ayesha instantly went to work to bring that chocolate out of the box. Her mother was not at home and therefore had no idea that her miserable daughter was thieving in her own home. When the mother came back she didn’t see any chocolate. Not even the empty box. After all Ayesha is a hardened criminal and leaves no traces. This is what Ayesha did with chocolate!
Ingredients For Cake(6.5 inches):
- 4 eggs
- 6 oz brown sugar
- 4 oz cake flour
- 0.5 oz baking powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
Now you will notice that this contains no milk and no butter . Since we are going to use a lot of cream in topping and layering, fat and milk inside of cake would make cake heavy. Right now, its just perfectly moist and light and we want it this way!
How to Go About-Cake
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Put eggs and sugar in a bowl and whisk till thick and fluffy.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and sift.
- Add dry ingredients and add i tbsp at a time while constantly whisking.
- You have a thick batter now. Pour into greased and floured baking pan.
- Bake till set. Slide the knife into cake and see if it comes out clean.
Ingredients for Chocolate Cream Topping
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 tbsp powdered sugar
- 3 oz sweet dark chocolate melted
- 9 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Dark chocolate chips
How to Go About Topping
- Place your whisking bowl and whipping head in freezer for 20 minutes before you begin.This will help your topping be firm.
- In a stand mixer(or otherwise) whisk cream and sugar on low speed.
- increase speed as you add cocoa powder..
- Add dark chocolate and keep on whisking.
- Now you have a thick topping with you.
- Make sugar water with 1/2 cup sugar and 10 tbsp water.
- Cut cake into three thick round slices.
- Apply sugar water on top of each layer.This will hold all three parts of cake together. It acts as glue.
- Beginning with the first layer, apply topping as desired on all three layers.
- Sprinkle dark chocolate Chips.
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014 TO ALL OF YOU! HUGS,LOVE…AND FANTASTIC LIVES AHEAD.
Its a big world, and there’s a lot of sadness. Are we playing are part and spreading joy?
Listen, we continue to be despite all predictions of world ending. Isn’t this a chance and an opportunity to make amendments? Its a new sun and a new day. Let’s be what we couldn’t before 🙂 🙂 🙂
- Dark Chocolate-Cherry Custard Cake (kitchensmitten.wordpress.com)
One should think twice before wishing for anything. Like me wishing for snow. I’m down with flu just because it was very cold. That too without snow.Just imagine what would have happened if it actually had snowed. Since my mother doesn’t use internet I can safely divulge a secret. I’m enjoying having a cold! Too much . I luxuriously stretch out under my warm blankets as I hear my sister complaining somewhere in the house, ” why can’t Ayesha do it?” and mom replying,”Well she’s sick,so you have to”. Ha!(Hahahaha! Poor Areeba:P) I guess that’s a bit mean. But in my defense I’m one person who rarely gets ill. I mean which student gets full attendance certificates in school? I have, many times in the past. So I(fond of celebrating everything), am fully exploiting my illness. Making steaming Kashmiri Chai and dunking hot slices of Pound Cake in it is an incomparable evening delight.Sigh. It’s amazing.Those of you who face cold weather have to try out this. Soothing,from inside out! Color alert(The Kashmiri Chai is peachy-pink) in color but thanks to the room lighting you can’t see it.Last picture however displays its real color).
What You need(Cake)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
How to go about (Cake):
- Preheat oven.Flour and grease baking pan.
- Add the dry ingredients in one bowl. Sift these.Set aside.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, butter and vanilla essence in another bowl. Whisk them.
- Whisk all the ingredients in a single bowl.
- Pour in the mixture and set to bake.
What You Need (Kashmiri Chai)
- 2 tsp of green tea leaves
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 pods of cardamom crushed
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- Garnish: 2 tsp of ground pistachios and almonds
Makes up to 2 cups of tea. Takes about 15 minutes to prepare
How To Go About (Kashmiri Chai)
- In a saucepan on medium heat, add the 2 tsp of tea with about 1/2 of water, boil till frothy then add the bicarbonate of soda and whisk vigorously for about 10 seconds and then add the rest of the water and crushed cardamom and boil until the tea broth becomes peachy pink.
- Now bring the heat down to medium low and add the milk and whisk the tea broth very vigorously to achieve a slight froth. The color of the tea should now be a lovely dark pink. If you want a lighter color add more milk.
- Let the tea simmer for 5-7 minutes on medium heat. This gives a distinct and lovely taste.
- Finally, add the sugar and stir. Pour in to a cup and sprinkle with crushed pistachios and almonds.
- Serve tea with sugar and salt,so people may add acording to taste
Have a lovely time drinking tea and eating cake. It’s the best thing ever. And if someone has flu, don’t fret, even better( Enjoy not doing anything for a while.)
Love and Hugs,best winters to you and yours.
After a few days Sabbath I’m back to baking. And the first thing that I did was a Chocolate Roulade. It was the kind of roulade that makes you..” Well to hell with the camera, let’s dig in!” I did the same. And only took the pictures when one large chocolate roulade was gone….eep. And I’m not the only one guilty here. When I announced, “Guys let me take a few pics then we can roll”. The friends gazed at me with horror(Eyes like saucers-only larger)and were like,”Whaaa?” And nobody listened to me. I shook my stuff like a mad chicken and protested, but to no avail. The plate went clean.All that was left was a piece on the side. Sad story.
What You Need
- 120g egg yolks
- 35g sugar
- 35 g honey
- 160g egg whites
- 60g sugar
- All-purpose flour 5og
- Cocoa powder 15g
- Butter 20g- Melted
- Milk 35ml
- 355ml/1 ½ cups double (heavy) cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Whisk these together an a bowl.Set aside.
Lots of dark chocolate( and some Dairymilk chocolate) melted with butter on double boiler.
- Preheat oven.
- Grease and line your baking tray with parchment.
- Whisk egg yolks,honey and sugar. Heat these over a double boiler until it reaches room temperature. Remove from the boiler. Whisk till light and fluffy.
- Whisk the flour and the cocoa powder.Set aside.
- Whisk egg whites and sugar until stiff peaks form.Set aside.
- Add 1 tsp espresso powder to egg yolk mixture. Mix in.
- Add half the egg whites/sugar into the bowl with egg yolk mixture. Fold in.
- Add the flour/cocoa to the egg yolk mixture. Fold in well.
- Add the remaining egg whites/sugar into egg yolk mixture and fold in well.
- Fold in the melted butter and milk into the batter.
- Set to bake. Only bake till the batter is firm.
- Refrigerate for 5-10 min then apply Filling and the Topping.
Don’t overbake. Otherwise it won’t fold.
Apply the filling thickly for better taste.