Hello Bloggy friends! :) FIRST OF ALL IS A HUGE REQUEST: I made my FACEBOOK, page today, I’d love it if you all could just push the follow button over there:) The smiley face is to make up for my ah…absence on the social scene. Look, before you reach drastic conclusions ( Examples: My getting abducted and being taken to Mars by aliens, My turning into a gypsy and going on a world travel on foot, My becoming a cave woman who eats wild rats for dinner, My going to jungles of Africa to join red Indians…..endless list here), I gotta explain my absence dear dudes and dudettes. After freedom(basically taking one year away from my studies) after A’levels, I’ve finally embarked upon my graduate program. I guess I got a little busy and then I also had weight loss goals, which required time and VIGILANCE( yeah , i hate CAPS too). Anyhow I’ve returned, and I’ve returned for good (Like they say in the movies). However, I’m not going to have a strict posting schedule. I’m going to post whenever I have time away from studies and….. exercise and other stuff (wow, my exercising is unbelievable even to myself). I’m also going to post about things other than ‘food’. I’ll also try to post healthy food recipes as well. Phew, there, I’m done. P.s I also managed to get a flat tummy (yes FLAT!! I’m so happy about that). Today I’m posting this super yummy recipe that I sort of created in my ‘soup’ endeavors last month and enjoyed it ever since! :)
Ingredients:( 6 large serving bowls)
3+ 2 tomatoes
1 large onion diced
250 gms boneless chicken cut into small cubes
1 large (or 2 small) capsicum chopped roughly into large pieces
1/2 cup green peas
6 large green chilies cut into half
1 large carrot chopped into small pieces
4 tbsp cup soy sauce
3 tbsp white vinegar
4 tbsp chili sauce
4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp powdered black pepper
1 tsp red chili powder
6 tbsp vegetable oil
1/3 cup cornflour dissolved into half a cup water.
You can boil rice/pasta separately. For these proportions I boiled 2 cups of white rice and 2 cups of pasta.
- Dice the first 2 tomatoes
- Take the other 3 and boil them. Then sieve them with the help of a spoon to get the juice.
- In a large saucepan, put chicken, all the spices,salt,vegetables and oil into 10 cups of water. Set it to simmer on low heat. Cook for atleast 30 minutes to get all the vegetables cooked, and for the soup to get infused with flavor.
- Then add the soy sauce,chili sauce,worcestershire sauce and vinegar.
- Now switch to high heat and get the soup to boiling point. Now stir the dissolved cornflour into the soup, this will cause the soup to thicken.
The soup is good on it’s own, but for a more fulfilling diet I’d suggest you pour it on hot boiled rice or freshly boiled pasta….and Bon appetit! :)