There’s always one Saturday night when I’m up late and the rest of the house is asleep. Inevitably I get hungry, and I want something instantly. No, I won’t order something from Pizza Hut or Nandos. Because when I do that, I fall asleep after placing the order. I am terrible at waiting 😛 Someone else has to get up from their dear sleep, and get the food in. I’d rather go to the kitchen and make my supper spicy spaghetti. I can’t say enough about them. I love them and will have them any time.Especially with a side dish of mash potatoes! Sharing my recipe here!
What you need for it
- Half a packet spaghetti- Boiled
- 1 capsicum finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/2 cabbage finely chopped
- A few spring onions chopped
- 1 cup boiled shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 can pureed tomatoes
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper ground
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp cornflour
- vegetable oil to fry
How to go about it
- Take a large pan and heat oil in it
- On a low heat add the spring onions,capsicum,carrot,onion,and cabbage. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes
- Add the shredded chicken to the pan and stir.
- Add pureed tomatoes to the pan. stir. Add all the spices,sauces and vinegar and stir them into the material in the pan.
- Put cornflour in cooled chicken stock and mix with a spoon. (Warning: putting it in hot stock will curdle cornflour)
- Add the cornflour/stock mixture to the pan and stir.
- Lastly add boiled spaghetti to the pan and mix them into all the fried material. Fry every thing for 5-7 minutes
Your super spicy spaghetti is ready. The more you make them, the less time it will take. I take maximum half an hour to put the deal together. I love the hot and sour-ness of these!
- Spicy Meatballs With Spaghetti (evsfitness.co.uk)
- Spaghetti Bolognese (w/ Bacon) (beesbaking.wordpress.com)
- Spaghetti Squash (ferriterkelly.wordpress.com)
- Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs (jazzylunchbox.wordpress.com)
- Easy Jambalaya (thekiwicook.wordpress.com)